Monday, January 20, 2014

Stilla Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow Review

Hello beauties,

Today I'm going to do a review about this lovely product. I have 2 of them and plan to collect them all but I don't know when I'll be able to do it because each of the eyeshadow is quite expensive and I don't really want to buy an eyeshadow that's too costly. These 2 I got as gift ^.^.


I got the Comex Gold & Metallic Emerald

Each of the eyeshadow comes with a small Stilla plate & a small potion of the liquid primer so that you can mix the eyeshadow and the primer to make it last longer on the eyes. I will talk about the primer in a bit.

The eyeshadow is indeed very different from other brand which makes it stand out. However, the price is a bit too much for an eyeshadow. If it were $24, it would be more reasonable but I understand the differences. $30 for an eyeshadow is also a bit too much but $42? Even though I really really like it, but I will not buy it for myself unless I have $42 and I don't know what to do with it. LoL.

Pros:

- Texture of the eyeshadow is very smooth when apply on.
- Every swatch you put, it stays.
- You can apply more and more to make the colour more intense as you like.
- The colour is sparkly and pigmented.
- It stays on the eyes without you even need to use a primer.

*From the day I got them and used them, I didn't use primer at all.

Cons:

- It's hard to put on with a brush, even with synthetic brush. You have to buy a sponge brush from them to apply on your eyeshadow and it's $24 (a freaking rip off)
Or
- You have to use your finger to press the eyeshadow onto the eyes.
- The pigment will stay on your finger after you press it on the eyes.
***- The primer evaporates eventually if you don't use it. I noticed it went lower and lower and I didn't even use it once! I had both, and they evaporated at the same time.

Overall, even though the eyeshadow has quite a few cons, I still like how it's made. It's a very impressive type of eyeshadow. I actually compares it to Maybelline Colour Tattoo. The Maybelline one is not bad at all, except it doesn't have the foil texture.

If you have cosmetic obsession perhaps you may want to put one of this eyeshadow into your collection. I wish these eyeshadow were limited edition so we could have more fun bragging about it LoL.

I hope you ladies enjoy my review and until my next post, have a wonderful Tuesday/Wednesday everyone ;). Feel free to leave any suggestion or feedback to us ;)

*HuG*